What personal data do we collect?
Personal information such as:
- Your name, address and contact details
- date of birth, marital status, place of residence
Prior work experience information such as:
- CV, employment history, reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable). Such information may be provided to us by third parties e.g. recruiters.
- Professional qualifications and certificates.
- Education history and transcripts.
- Information from interviews.
Special categories of data (“sensitive personal data”) such as:
- Health data – while we do not generally collect your health data for recruitment purposes, where required or permitted by local law to assess your fitness to work, we will process your health data strictly for such purpose only.
- Information regarding nationality, racial or ethnic origin – such information may be processed in order to ensure equal employment opportunities and fair employment practices as permitted or required by local law.
Sensitive personal data are processed only as strictly required and as permitted or required by local law.
Legal basis and purpose for processing the data?
Our legal basis for processing your personal data could be any of or a combination of the following:
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- where necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the relevant company within the SPO Group, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights. Such legitimate interests include the following:
- To verify your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job.
- To comply with the SPO Group’s own internal policies such as equal opportunity, modern slavery and human trafficking policy
- where necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations or to enforce or defend our legal rights. Our legal obligations include compliance with equal employment opportunities, fair employment practices, minimum legal working age, local content requirements under applicable law.
- (only if legally required) in accordance with the purposes for which you have granted your explicit consent. In cases where we process your personal data based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of our processing of your data prior to your withdrawal of consent.